Team Maddii Racing
Almost a perfect weekend for Nicholas Lapucci
The Tuscan rider’s performance was incredible once again with his 250XX Fantic
Prestige Italian Championship Round 3 - Montevarchi – 09.05.2021
The historical track of Montevarchi hosted the third seasonal appointment of the Prestige MX Italian Championship.
Nicholas Lapucci has been constantly showing his potential and did it again on the hard ground of the Tuscan track. The Fantic Factory Team Maddii member immediately found the right feeling and clinched an excellent pole position. Also Hakon Osterhagen was the author of a good performance with the 11th fastest time; Tuani was 13th and Spies 14th.
Lapucci pulled away at the start of moto1 and led the pack right at the first corner, but despite the promising start Nicholas slipped and lost ground. His strong race pace allowed him to work his way up however, so he ended up with the ninth position. Federico Tuani, Hakon Osterhagen and Max Spies did well too and classified 14th, 15th and 16th respectively.
Lapucci starred in the second heat thanks to his excellent rhythm, showing once again the significant progress achieved since the kick-off of the season and the perfect sync with his Fantic machinery. Lapucci’s start was very consistent, after opening up a gap over rivals he won Race2. Another excellent performance was achieved by Federico Tuani, 11th. Osterhagen pushed hard and was very fast too, unfortunately too many mistakes pushed him back at the end of the pack. Max Spies classified 16th.
Marco Maddii: “We slightly missed a perfect day today. Nicholas was fast since the free practice, too bad he slipped in Race1. We’ve been working really well and made a lot of progress with the bike. Lapucci has been showing potential and speed. The race went well for Hakon as well, unfortunately those mistakes didn’t grant him a great result. Federico did great too as he classified close to the top-ten. We’ll carry on working to improve more and more”.
Classifica di giornata classe MX2:
1) Simon Lagenfelder #516 - GasGas
2) Andrea Adamo #80 – GasGas
3) Kevin Horgmo #24 - GasGas
4) Nicholas LAPUCCI #211 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii - Fantic
11) Federico Tuani #2 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii - Fantic
12) Maximilian Spies #7 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii - Fantic
17) Hakon Osterhagen #512 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii- Fantic
Campionato classe MX2:
1) Kevin HORGMO #24 - GasGas
2) Nicholas LAPUCCI #211 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii - Fantic
3) Ruben Fernandez #70 - Honda
12) Federico Tuani #2 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii - Fantic
14) Hakon Osterhagen #512 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii - Fantic
16) Maximilian Spies #7 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii - Fantic