Cas Valk keeps the red plate and remains the current series leader
European Championship EMX250 – EMX125 – Lommel – 23-24.07.2022
The European Championship was back to action on the infernal sand of Lommel, where the riders enrolled in the 125cc and 250cc categories faced the sandy Belgian track.
Valk slipped at the start of the first moto and had to start from the back. Despite the challenging situation, Cas worked his way up amazingly lap after lap till ending the race with the sixth spot. Alexis Fueri was not able to find the right race pace and also made several mistakes which did not help, and he classified 13th.
Race2 was not easy either for Cas Valk, in fact he had to face a tough start, but despite it all his great talent and the significant development allowed him to reach a phenomenal second place. Fueri tried to improve his performance but slipped twice and ended up 17th.
Cas Valk classified fourth overall and remains the current championship leader. Fueri is still holding the third place.
In the 250 Cornelius Tondel is finally back after recovering from an injury but is still not in perfect shape yet.
Tondel was fourth in the qualifying and Osterhagen sixth in his group.
Cornelius was wise in the first moto and did his best to avoid mistakes, so thanks to this strategy the moto ran smoothly and Tondel ended up sixth. Osterhagen crashed and had to abandon the race.
In Race2 Tondel was the protagonist of a difficult start which caused him to lose positions but managed to make up ground and classified sixth. Osterhagen made a few mistakes and ended up 14th.
Cornelius Tondel did not lose many points in the championship standings so he is still holding the second spot.
Marco Maddii: “It was a tough weekend. In the 125 the outcome was good as Valk is still leading the championship standings. Even though he did not get astonishing results, he showed he’s really fast; too bad for those mistakes. Unfortunately, Alexis made too many mistakes but he’s still third in the standings. In the 250 Tondel wasn’t in perfect shape but is battling it out for the title. We’re a bit sad but we’re willing to do our best in the next races.”
Classifica di giornata classe 125:
1) Reisulis, Janis Martins #772 - Ktm
2) Mikula, Julius #451 - Ktm
3) Karlis Albert Resulis #47 – Yamaha
4) Cas VALK #172 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii
15) Alexis Fueri #717 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii
Classifica di Campionato classe 125:
1) Cas VALK #172 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii
2) Karlis Albert Resulis #47 - Yamaha
3) Alexis Fueri #717 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii
Classifica di giornata classe EMX250:
1) Coenen, Lucas #93 - Husqvarna
2) Elzinga, Rick #44 - Yamaha
3) Andrea Bonaccorsi #35 - Yamaha
5) Cornelius TONDEL #302 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii
20) Hakon OSTERHAGEN #312 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii
Classifica di Campionato classe EMX250:
1) Erik Elzinga #44 - Yamaha
2) Cornelius TONDEL #302 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii
2) Coenen, Lucas #93 - Husqvarna
7) Hakon OSTERHAGEN #312 - Fantic Factory Team Maddii